Marosvásárhely Status Quo Ante Synagogue (Târgu Mureș, Romania) was a town in Maros-Torda county of the Austro-Hungarian Dual Monarchy. By 1900, there were 1,658 Jews that grew to 5693 Jews by 1940. Between May and June 1944, about 7,700 Jews were deported from the town and surrounding areas. 2,800 returned after the War. A small orthodox congregation still meets in town. The 1898-99 built edifice designed by Jacob Gartner is vacant.