Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese & Jammy Tomatoes
Published on February 18, 2022
Garlic bread meets grilled cheese & jammy tomatoes...the combo you didn't know you needed, but you do...
Felt like a little ASMR situation...
- •1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes (quartered).
- •1 leek (sliced).
- •1 1/2 tbsp honey.
- •2 tbsp calabrian chili paste.
- •salt/pepper to taste.
- •Lemon zest.
- •3 garlic cloves (use more if you want, cover in olive oil and foil, roast at 350 for 20-25 min).
- •4 tbsp butter (room temp).
- •Parmigiano reggiano (measure with your heart).
- •4 oz fontina.
- •4 oz Buche du vivarois (you can do brie or another creamy chevre with a rind).
- •Basil to taste.
•4 slices ciabatta (I like crusty bread for my grilled cheese).
- •1.- sautée the tomatoes and onion with olive oil in medium low for 10-12 min using the back of the spoon to smash them and form a chunky jam.
- •2.- Add in calabrian paste, honey, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cook another 5-6 min on medium.
- •3.- Add some parm into your butter, salt, pepper and your roasted garlic.
- •4.- Smear on the bread and top with more parm, bake at 400 for 6-7 min or until golden.
- •5.- Add the jammy tomatoes, cheese, basil and extra parm.
6.- Brown in your cast iron, use weight to flatten then.
#garlicbread #asmrfood #grilledcheese #simplefood #simplerecipe #sandwich #fallcooking