Union Square - In good times, Union Square was the place where you could find anything: vegetables, fruits, meat, fish or other foods. On the other side Dambovita, in front of Manuc's Inn, it was Main Square (also known as Bibescu Voda Square, disbanded in 1936 by order of Charol the IInd). At that time, the square was considered dirty, inappropriate to the demands of a city in full development. Government took the decision to build a warehouse for Ghica Square, after the model from Paris.
Favorit / “Favorite” - The area is known due to the Favorit Cinema. The level of the building and the green space from its front creates the sensation of spaciousness between the flats which are located around the cinema. It’s located in the eastern part of Drumul Taberei district and the access to the center is made easily through Sibiu Street to Timisoara Boulevard (north limit of the district).
The building was originally designed as Spark House Complex. It was built in five years (1952 - 1957), and was destined to be the state media for publication and especially the newspaper “Spark”, "body" of the Central Committee of Romanian Workers' Party. The antenna on the building held for a while, since 1956, as Romanian Television transmitter. After 1989, Spark House was known as the Free Press House.
Victoriei Square - represents the traffic node into which the most important of Bucharest's avenues converge. All existing buildings around the Square are known for their history and distinctive architectural design, composing a mixture of styles that gives that unique charm to the area. The place where great boyars of Bucharest's met for their famous "fights with flowers" in their way to the "Bufet" was at the intersection of Victoriei Avenue with Kiseleff Bldv, going through Victoria…
Dorobanti - Zona Dorobantilor si-a primit numele in 1878, imediat dupa Razboiul de Independenta, ca omagiu trupelor de dorobanti (caciulari) care au luptat la Plevna, Vidin si Smardan. Zona a cunoscut o dezvoltare indeosebi spre sfarsitul secolului al XX-lea. In prezent, gazduieste sediul TVR si este o zona foarte exclusivista.
Stephen the Great - The oldest building on Stephen the Great Street is Assan's Mill, whose ruins can be seen at the intersection of Stephen the Great and Lizeanu Street. A grain silo tower was built in 1903 near the Mill, which was known as the highest building of the era, measuring 41 meters. The complex was developed on 47,000 square meters, area much coveted today by real estate developers.